IT ERP Specialist
This role is an experienced techno-functional specialist in the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central ERP platform with experience in warehouse, distribution and supply chain management functions along with supporting finance functionality. This role has 2 groups of stakeholders and responsibilities as follows:
Support to business users with “how to” questions, overall training and support around system functionality, configuration, reporting and ongoing user operations which require timely response.
Support to business leaders to proactively bring forward options and solutions that enhance system functionality, workflows and connections with other Microsoft products and platforms to continually automate, optimize and scale business functions and the associated IT infrastructure.
The key success factors required are to demonstrate initiative, expertise, and collaboration to provide both technical and functional system support and optimization. This position is part of a small IT team providing support to approximately 60 employees concentrated in the Company’s Head Office in Markham including the management team, as well as to support a small distributed North American sales force.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Is the primary technical resource on ERP system maintenance, upgrades, data management and migrations and related daily user support
· Create new code extensions to customize Business Central to improve workflows and functionality
· Develop reports utilizing the SQL database and respond to reporting queries and requests
· Work with functional team leadership to gather requirements for ongoing system design optimization
· Collaborate across teams and functions (eg Supply Chain, Customer Service, Finance) to understand processes that cross groups and to optimize system design as well as provide daily user support
· Proactively manage, investigate, and resolve incidents as part of ongoing process/system improvement
· Create and maintain system/workflow/process documentation both for IT and user references
· Develop and lead an evolving and maturing user community to ensure users are engaged, productive and are involved in both tactical and more strategic projects related to system capabilities
· Influence and participate in company initiatives related to the ERP system such as training, documentation, training videos, resource guides/FAQs, support to superusers and community groups
· 3-5 years in a similar techno-functional role specializing in Business Central ERP system in a retail/warehouse/distribution environment is preferred providing system and client support
· ERP Implementation experience preferred but is not mandatory
· Experience with add-ons for Business Central for ongoing system optimization and across the Microsoft suite of products
· Requires extension programming experience, advanced knowledge of SQL Server and .NET development experience (preferred)
· Post-secondary education in an IT related field of study
· Excellent communications, problem -solving and collaboration skills with both front line users and business leaders including executives
· Experience with service-level protocols, change management, and quality control procedures
· Ability to create and communicate (verbal and in writing) both technical and non-technical concepts to various stakeholders. Must be able to adapt communications to fit the audience.
· Able to learn quickly and adapt to different systems, business requirements and shifting priorities
· Able to independently prioritize and organize workload to meet deadlines and successfully complete projects in a fluid business environment
Why You Should Join OrangeMantra?
- Professional development and career growth
- Exposure to cutting-edge tools and technologies
- Flexibility and creative liberty as a professional
- A work culture comprising diversity and dynamism
- Periodic rewards and recognitions for performers
- Health insurance and other employer-provided benefits
What We Offer
At OrangeMantra, we continually encourage our colleagues to
focus on what they are most passionate about.
Our colleagues’ passion and professional ambition have been crucial driving forces in our journey as an innovation-loving tech solutions company.
People love to work at OM
because here they get
freedom of expression and
an opportunity to
show their creativity
Events & Celebrations
We are a team that works
together and plays together,
with regular virtual and
and festive celebrations
on special occasions.
Rewards & Recognition
We understand that people love
to be appreciated and
this is something we do
well as we value
achievers and contributors.
Physical & Mental wellness
Wellness is a prime concern for
us, and we organize
regular health checkups
activities to promote a